We wish you a safe and enjoyable summer with family and friends. Please watch for an August update as we launch a new District 35 website with updated information. We will resume our weekly email news on Monday, August 28th. Enjoy the summer days ahead!
The District 35 Administrative Team
DATES and ACTIONS:
• Thursday, June 8: 8th Grade Graduation | 6-7 p.m.
• Thursday, June 12: Report Cards Available via Family Access | 3 p.m.
• 2023-24 Bus Registration is linked here.
• Click here to view the slides and recording of the Board of Education meeting held on June 1, 2023.
Report Cards Posted on Monday, June 12
Our fourth quarter report cards will be posted in Family Access on Monday, June 12 at 3 p.m. for kindergarten through eighth grade. Third through eighth grade students’ MAP reports will also be posted at that time.
Last Day of the School Year
The final day of the 2022-23 school year for Kindergarten through 7th grade is Friday, June 9. All schools have an early dismissal on June 9th at the times below:
- South School: 2:00 p.m. dismissal
- West School: 2:15 p.m. dismissal
- Central School: 2:25 p.m. dismissal
Regular bus transportation will be provided at the early dismissal time.
Shop the One Stop Trev Shop
The One Stop Trev Shop offers an assortment of New Trier Trevian gear - a perfect gift for eighth grade graduates. Support our local shop and learn more details of the hours here.
D35 on the Go - Meet Mr. Ben Baird
In our second episode of the D35 On the Go Podcast, Dr. Wang speaks with Ben Baird, the new West School Principal. Get to know Mr. Baird’s professional history, as well as how he plans to engage parents at West School. Don’t miss this episode including fun facts and special insider information about Mr. Ben Baird! Listen here.
School Supply Sale from PTO
Save time and help support the PTO by ordering school supplies for next school year. Each pack contains exactly what the school supply list requests. Supplies will be shipped directly to your home in August. Shop supplies here
NEW this year: We listened to parent feedback and are offering our 2023-2024 school supply packs from a new vendor! Only top quality, name brand school supplies will be included, and there will be no generic substitutions.
Online Absence Forms
Did you know you have the option to report your student’s absence via an online form? Please use the links below to report an absence before 9:00AM.
- South School Absence Form
- West School Absence Form
- Central School Absence Form
Absences can also still be reported via the absence call line if preferred to the online form.
We thank our parents for partnering with us as we reset visitor procedures in the schools. Please note the following updated procedures in place in each school beginning on Thursday, August 25, 2022. We ask that all visitors:
1. enter via the main entrance, buzz at the door, wait to be greeted by a staff member over the intercom, confirm your appointment/meeting
2. if you have a confirmed appointment, please be ready with your license so we may screen with our visitor system
3. please wear your visitor lanyard at all times while in the school for a pre-scheduled appointment
4. return to the main office, return your lanyard, collect your license, and exit via the main entrance
If you are simply dropping a lunch or item for your child, please do so in the vestibule. School staff will be monitoring for items throughout the day and ensure items are brought in for your child.
Our commitment to student safety is unwavering as we embark upon the 2022-23 school year. Thank you for working with our school teams as we implement these new procedures.
Our district is a member of TrueNorth Educational Cooperative 804. We share resources with 17 other school districts in our region so that we can provide every student the opportunity to learn and reach their full potential. Through TrueNorth, our students can access academic and behavior support, and our staff can engage in high-quality professional learning that impacts student growth here in District 35. TrueNorth (formerly NSSED, or Northern Suburban Special Education District), is committed to the possibilities in every learner, every day. Please visit truenorth804.org to learn more about the cooperative and watch an introduction video.